Our week long celebration of #DairyMonth continues. This event is co-hosted by From Gate to Plate and Cooking With Carlee. We are putting together our best recipes using cow milk, goat milk butter, cream and cheeses. We can't wait to share them with you.
Day 4 #DairyMonth Recipes
- How to Make Homemade Cajeta by Cooking With Carlee
- Grilled Three Cheese Sausage Pizza by From Gate to Plate
- Cherry Cream Cheese Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Marina's Malted MilkShake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Milk Braised Chicken Thighs by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Berry Cheesecake Pudding Pops by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Coffee Bourbon Milk Punch by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Easy Chauracterue Platter by Crystal Cattle
- Breakfast Egg Bites by Family Around The Table
Someone mentioned that it's been a really long week. It has, hasn't it?!? So, I decided it was time for a cocktail. I've long been intrigued by milk punch. Though I'm not a huge milk drinker, I love creamy cocktails. White Russians were my drink of choice in college! Did I really just admit that? I also drank lots of red wine and we splurged on expensive Scotch when we were celebrating. But I definitely consumed my fair share of White Russians.
Ingredients makes 1 cocktail
- 3 T milk
- 1 T heavy cream
- 1 T coffee syrup (you can use 1 t coffee and 2 t simple syrup)
- 2 T bourbon
- Also needed: coffee ice cubes, ice, cocktail shaker
Place coffee ice cubes in your serving glass. Fill the cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour in milk, cream, coffee syrup, and bourbon. Shake for approximately 30 seconds. Strain into serving glass. Cheers!