Skip to main content

Product Review: My New Lunchbox from PackIt #sponsor


Last month, I wrote an article for the Sunday Supper Movement about Winning the Lunchbox Wars. In the piece, I recounted a recent conversation with my husband and a lesson I had learned: the bag matters. It goes like this...

Last week my husband complained about the fabric bag I sent his lunch in. "Do you have another bag I can use?" he queried as I placed containers into a fabric bag adorned with little kid-faces and the words YUM YUM YUM.

What? You don’t like my bag?!

“I work with guys…” he trailed off.

Were you not listening when I explained to the boys that it doesn’t matter what other people think as long as you like it?!?

"Okay, well, I don’t like it."

And that was the end of that. So, I let all three of my boys - my husband and our two boys - pick their lunchboxes. There are so many options these days. Some have gel to keep the lunches cold. Some have multiple compartments to keep food separated. This is an easy concession to make. If they feel they have had a part in choosing the bag, they are more apt to eat what’s packed inside.

While I didn't mention the brand by name, PackIt noticed I had included their bags in my article photographs and offered to send me new lunchbag. I was grateful, considering we had just done the lunchbag shuffle and I was left without one. Boo.

PackIt provided me the perfect solution. And they even offered me my choice of bag and color. I wrote: "I would LOVE the Freezable Carryall in Viva print. I think that's enough pink to keep all my boys at bay!"


What is it?
PackIt bags are lunchbags, more like soft-sided coolers, with gel-lined walls that you fold flat and freeze overnight. They are PVC-, BPA-, phthalate- and lead-free.

What I didn't love...
I always pack a 27-ounce stainless steel water bottle in my lunch and it's almost 11" tall with the sport-cap top. I think the tallest PackIt is 10", so I have to tilt the bottle a bit to get it to zip. This bag is only 8" tall. It's not a huge deal, but that's really my only complaint. Additionally, if I had my druthers, I wish there was a mesh pocket inside that would keep the water bottle upright.

What I love...
It's like a popsicle. I love putting it in the freezer the night before while it's soft, then pulling it out in the morning - chilled and hard - ready to pack. Since the bags fold flat, I can fit all four of our bags in the freezer without too much of a struggle. The fabric is durable. The inside of the bag wipes clean with a sponge. And, yes - this is pretty superficial - but I love the colors. The design is vibrant and fun. And there's enough pink in this one that none of my boys will grab it. So, it's mine, mine, mine.


You can find PackIt on the web , on instagram, on facebook, on twitter, and on pinterest.

*Disclosure: I received complimentary PackIt bags for the purpose of review. Comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own. I have received no additional compensation for this post. *

Thanks, PackIt, I love my new lunchbag!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meyer Lemon Custard-Filled Matcha Turtles #BreadBakers

#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our  Pinterest board  right here. Links are also updated after each event on the  Bread Bakers home page .  We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. This month Stacy of Food Lust People Love  is hosting and she wrote: "Your bread can be large, as in one big animal, or small - animal-shaped rolls. Use your imagination! Points for flavor and shape!" If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send an email with your blog URL to Stacy at foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com. Here's the animal-shaped bread basket from the #BreadBakers... Beef and Sweet Onion Dim Sum Pandas from Karen's Kitchen Stories Bird Bread Rolls from Ambrosia Easter Bunny Buns from Cook with Renu Ham and Cheese Elephant Rolls from Food Lust People Love Hedgehog Bread from Making Mir

Connecticut Lobster Rolls, Canned Lobster Bisque, and a 2019 Henry Fessy 'Maître Bonhome' Viré-Clessé #Winophiles

This month the French Winophiles group is looking at affordable wines from Burgundy.  Host Cindy of Grape Experiences wrote: "Burgundy, or Bourgogne, is known for its wines of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir... as well as Aligote, Gamay, Sauvignon, César, Pinot Beurot, Sacy, Melon in lesser quantities. Many of the well-known wines are quite expensive, but there are plenty of values to be found." Read her invitation here. And there won't be a Twitter chat for this event, so you will have to dive into the articles themselves to read about our pairings and findings. Here's the line-up... Wendy Klik from A Day in the Life on the Farm enjoys Domaine Chevillon Chezeaux Bourgogne Hautes Cotes de Nuits, 2018 Paired with a Maple Pecan Chicken . Camilla Mann from Culinary Adventures with Camilla shares her love of Connecticut Lobster Rolls, Canned Lobster Bisque, and a 2019 Henry Fessy 'Maître Bonhome' Viré-Clessé. Jeff Burrows of FoodWineClick! explains why we should Look t

Quick Pickled Red Onions and Radishes

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you probably know how much I love to pickle things. I was just telling a friend you can pickle - with vinegar - or you can ferment - with salt - for similar delicious effect. The latter has digestive benefits and I love to do that, but when I need that pop of sour flavor quickly, I whip up quick pickles that are ready in as little as a day or two. I've Pickled Blueberries , Pickled Asparagus , Pickled Cranberries , Pickled Pumpkin , and even Pickled Chard Stems ! This I did last night for an upcoming recipe challenge that requires I include radishes. Ummmm...of course I'm pickling them! Ingredients  makes 1 quart jar radishes, trimmed and sliced organic red onions, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin slicer) 3/4 C vinegar (I used white distilled vinegar) 3/4 C water 3 T organic granulated sugar 1 T salt (I used some grey sea salt) 6 to 8 grinds of black pepper Proce